Get Ready For Christmas With Grace & Thorn
For day 19 of #TDAdvent cult east end florist Grace & Thorn show us how to create colourful Christmas jam jar arrangements, putting a contemporary twist on an old classic. Follow their step by step guide to add some colour and sparkle to your home this festive season.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Jam jars, ribbon, scissors, foliage and flowers
FOLIAGE AND FLOWERS: For the foliage we’ve gone for baby blue eucalyptus, holly and mimosa. Our main flowers are roses and ranunculus, the secondary flowers are anemones and tulip, with ilex berries and astrantia as fillers. Try experimenting with colours that are not synonymous with Christmas like pinks and neon greens. Bring in winter using berries and seasonal foliage which will give your display festive vibes!
1. Lay all of your flowers and foliage out so you can see everything in front of you, it’s easier to work this way.
2. Begin by building a skeleton of foliage in your jar. Bring in asymmetry and layering to your arrangement by keeping a couple of your stems long.
4. Use your secondary flowers to create shape. Tulips, as seen in old dutch master paintings, create architectural movement with their distorted forms and anemones are perfect for adding height.
5. Fill in any gaps with your filler flowers such as astrantia, bringing them low so you can’t see any stems.
6. Finally, it’s time to dress your table with your jam jars, tea lights and candlesticks, letting your festive flowers take centre stage!
Here at Tatty HQ we’d love to see your festive flower displays! Share your snaps with us on Twitter tagging #TDAdvent and we’ll retweet our favourites.