Throughout May, gynaecological cancer charity The Eve Appeal is teaming up with leading health and beauty brands (and US!) to Get Lippy and get loud about gynae cancers. Their aim? To raise money to fund The Eve Appeal’s world-class research to stop these cancers before they start.
The Eve Appeal is the only UK national charity raising awareness and funding research into the prevention and early diagnosis of the five gynaecological cancers – womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal. It was set up to save women’s lives by funding groundbreaking research focused on developing effective methods of risk prediction, earlier detection and developing screening for these cancers.
Previous surveys by The Eve Appeal (Yougov) have found:
- • 80% of women wouldn’t get an unexpected vaginal bleed investigated immediately
- 8% of 25-34 year olds and 32% of 35-44 year olds would delay medical advice until after the pandemic if
- they experienced bleeding after sex –a key symptoms of cervical cancer
- Nearly half of young people would sit on key gynae cancer symptom, bleeding between periods, until after the pandemic
- Out of 1000 men only half could find the vagina when asked to label a diagram of the gynaecological
- 2 out of 3 of men couldn’t find the vulva
- Only 1 in 7 women could name even one gynaecological cancer
We’re calling all Tatty Devine customers to join us! Together, let’s smash taboos, challenge shame surrounding gynae health and shout loud and proud so that everyone knows their normal and feel empowered to get any symptoms checked.
So, how will Tatty Devine be taking part?
We’ll be donating £5 from each Lipstick Kiss Necklace - Mirror sold throughout May to The Eve Appeal, between 1st - 31st May 2022, so we ask you to Get Lippy and put your pocket money where your pout is and work a little laser cut jewellery for an amazing cause.
Despite trying everything in our powe...Charlotte Prichard
We’re shunning the September sunshine...Alice Barnes
With over 30 colours, 5 fonts and an abundance of super cute charms, the original Tatty...Alice Barnes