We love glitter all year round, so Christmas is just another excuse for us to cover everything in even more of the sparkly stuff!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Quill feathers, gold or silver paint, fine glitter, a paint brush, optional gift tags and string.
1. First up, decide how much of each feather you’d like to cover in glitter.
2. Paint the feathers on both sides, applying the paint generously.
3. Sprinkle glitter onto a flat surface, or into a small pot, ready for the fun part!
4. While the paint is still wet, press each feather into the glitter, making sure to coat both sides evenly. The more glitter the better!
5. Leave the feathers to dry - rest them on a raised surface, stand them upright in a jar or you could even stick them into a ball of blu tack!
6. Once the feathers are dry, get creative! We’ve added ours as the finishing touch to Rosie and Harriet’s Christmas presents. Alternatively you could arrange them in glass bottles, add them to a flower display or put an individual feather at each place setting on the table. If you’re feeling even more ambitious you could try your hand at making feather bunting using some colourful string!
Show us your feather decorations on Twitter using #TDAdvent - we’d love to see your creations.